Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil
A couple weeks ago I had the night off and I was all dressed up to go out. I went to the liquor store and saw a man begging for change. He asked me if I could spare any. I told him he could spare 5 minutes of my time. The man looked confused. I sat beside him and asked him if that was ok. He said sure, why not. So I sat with him while he begged others for change.
Growing up, I have known people who had become homeless. Even when I was younger, for a period of time I had no where to live. A few times I slept outside but for the most part I couch surfed for a long time. I never lived in one spot for very long and I lost all of my stuff and many times I lost everything and had to start all over again.
Lately I’ve been going through this thing called an awakening. It started happening in January. It more or less began before then but January was when things really became intense. The best way to describe the awakening for those who don’t know what it is… is when a person is moving into a higher state of consciousness. It’s different for each person and the intensity and speed of it can vary from person to person. I am awakening faster than anyone I know. Perhaps others are with me but they don’t speak of it but it would be very hard not to.
When I awakened I started to see things in a way that I have never seen things before. All of a sudden everything made sense. All the dots started to connect. I felt an undeniable feeling of freedom and inner peace. My views on this world and the afterlife are quite different from most people I talk to. Half the time, I don’t think some (and I mean only some, there are others who do know and completely understand) of the people I talk to really believe in anything. It’s like the age of technology has taken away people’s beliefs in a higher power. Or they do believe but this belief for some reason scares them. I know lots of people believe in God or some kind of afterlife but whenever I have brought up spiritual experiences I’ve had, I’m looked at and talked to like I’m crazy. I respect all people’s religious and spiritual views whether or not I agree with them. People’s judgments have never bothered me, especially now. People fear what they don’t understand. That is a known fact. Just like the man begging for change on the sidewalk. People judge him because they don’t understand him. When you awaken into a higher state of consciousness, you feel no judgements for anyone or anything. Instead of seeing people’s differences, you see that we are all the same, just in different bodies. I highly believe that not only are we all connected as humans but that everything you can think of is connected. We are connected to the plant life, to the weather, to the animals, to the Earth and the cosmos. There is an energy called the collective energy or the connective energy; this is the energy that connects us to everything. It is connected to our consciousness. We all have consciousness. Some of us are just more conscious than others. Because everything is connected, everything you do has rippling effect.
When I saw that man begging for a change, I didn’t see him as just a man begging for change. I saw him as a human being with an amazing drive to survive. Most people would argue with me that the man is a drug addict and he is begging for money to feed his addiction. Even if he is, what does that matter? Unless you have been homeless, had to live day to day on the street and rely on the kindness of others, you can not begin to understand what this man’s life is like. Even if he does do drugs, maybe the drugs help him to get through his time sitting and sleeping outside, rain or shine. If you decide not to give anything to him on the mere assumption that he is going to buy drugs with the money, then you take away from the power and kindness of giving. If you want to give to someone and you want to help them but you have rules and stipulations that come with that act of giving… then why give at all. We all have free will and the power to make choices. Like you have the power to give and it is your choice to give, it is that man’s choice what to do with the money. That one man’s journey is probably a lot harder than you could ever imagine, especially if you have never been exposed to or really know what its like to be someone without a home, to be someone addicted to drugs or to know what it is like to truly feel hopelessness and to be confined by the path and the journey you are on.
My awakening has helped me to understand this. Plus walking a path of hardships has also given me a perception to this kind of life. Mind you, I have perceptions on many things and that is why my pen name is Incite. The issue of homelessness goes much deeper than judgements made upon the people who are homeless but not judging them is the first step to helping them. Thoughts have energy. They ripple to that person’s consciousness and they can feel those judgements on a conscious level, whether you want to believe that or not. Even if you don’t want to offer them some of your change, how about some good thoughts or a prayer that they walk a path of healthy living and that they are guided onto a path that makes them happy and a path that they as a human being can benefit from. You can use this simple step to not only change the way you judge homeless people but also other people around you. You must understand, we are all one family. Even if we don’t look the same, talk the same or speak the same language… we all have the same colour blood, we all smile the same, we all are here to be alive and to achieve the things we need to achieve and experience the things we need to experience before we leave this world. Most of all the religions and spiritualities talk of an after life and about where our spirits originated from, whether it be heaven or the spirit world or dimensions and realms. We all came from the same place, even if we have different perceptions of where that place may be or what it is called; which makes us all one family and all interconnected.
When I sat with the man begging for change, he was more shocked than the people walking by who saw me sitting with him. I asked him his name and I told him I was sitting with him so he didn’t have to sit alone. He told me his name is Randall. So we sat there in silence while he asked people to spare some of their change for him. After awhile, Randall asked me why I was sitting with him. I told him that I wanted him to remember this moment. I told him that after I leave and he is alone again, to know that even if someone isn’t physically sitting beside him, he is never alone. I told him that there are people in this world who don’t judge him and they see him only as a human being doing what he has to do to survive with his given circumstances. I told him to never give up hope. I spoke of how I don’t judge people and how I’ve been homeless in my life and have known other people who have been homeless. I told him that I wanted him to know that even though I am a complete stranger, there is no reason why I should not feel compelled to help my fellow man, even if it is just sitting beside them while they do something that can be extremely hard and degrading. The man looked at me and started to cry. He told me that no one has ever offered him such a random act of kindness. He told me that he will remember what I said and he asked the God he believed in to bless me. I smiled at him and told him that if I see him again, I will sit with him so he doesn’t have to sit alone. I told him to keep fighting the good fight and slipped a twenty dollar bill into his hat. His eyes got watery and he told me he was going to buy food with it. I told him that it’s not my business what he does with the money. I told Randall to do whatever he feels necessary with it. I smiled at him once more, got up and went on to do what I was doing that night. I spoke of how all things have a rippling effect. I hope this article ripples into who ever reads this and it cause’s people to change the way they look at other people around them and how they look at all people. I hope it ripples into something that inspires people to not only try not to make judgements but to offer random acts of kindness to complete strangers. Can you imagine what this world would be like if we all did this everyday? I can and I believe sharing my perspective on this is a great start.
If you want to learn more about consciousness and the awakening, I will post some YouTube links to some great videos and documentaries that may help you to better understand this and how it is happening on a global level. Thank you to every single person who read this and if you check the links, please watch them with an open mind and an open heart and know that these are only someone else’s perspectives. You don’t have to believe or even understand everything in these documentaries, its just some information on what consciousness is what the awakening is.
2012 – A Message of Hope
HYPERLINK "http://youtu.be/r_YOG3jMlV4" http://youtu.be/r_YOG3jMlV4
The Collective Evolution
HYPERLINK "http://youtu.be/H70kaRvVeUs" http://youtu.be/H70kaRvVeUs
Awakening as One “Revelations”
HYPERLINK "http://youtu.be/cC27DSSMryI" http://youtu.be/cC27DSSMryI

No comments:
Post a Comment