NAME: Nikkie G (AKA Incite)
AGE: 25 (age is just a number though, it has no real meaning to me)
Current Location: Victoria, BC
How did you discover your talent for writing ?
I never saw it as a talent until people pointed out to me that I had a talent for it. Writing has been something that I have always done since I was taught how. Like breathing.. that is what writing is to me.
What is your writing style?
I can't really put a label to it. It depends on what I'm writing. I like to make the reader really feel what they are reading, like they are the main character. I also like to be very descriptive, metaphorical and poetic. I like my writing to be powerful and inspiring... so whatever style that is.
What do you write about?
I write what I'm passionate about… life, love, fantasies, hopes, dreams, fears and all the things in between. My writing is so diverse. I love horror, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, action and comedy and this is reflected in my writing.
Current Projects?
Well, I'm currently in the process of writing seven books. Three of them are apart of a horror/romance series. The fourth is a book is about past lives which is titled 'My Lives with You'. The fifth is a poetry book titled, 'Poetic Dreams'. The sixth is a collection of my journals which will probably be a series titled, 'Memoirs of a Warrior' and the seventh is a book about my psychic experiences which is appropriately titled, 'Divine Messages.' I'm also working on a documentary about Income Assistance titled, 'The View of Income Assistance'.
Finished Projects?
I've written articles about Poverty and Income Assistance (welfare). I am a activist for Human Rights and people living in poverty who are being oppressed by society. I've written many short stories, countless poems, lyrics for songs and inspirational and "make you think.." quotes. I also have written many things about the power of love and dreams.
Where do you get your ideas from?
From everything. Relationships.. friendships and loves. Experiences. Music!! Different cultures. I absolutely love different cultures. Human History. Art. Also, a good story or movie can influence not only my writing but my everyday life. I hope to be able to influence and touch other people's lives the way some of other people's stories have touched mine.
Who are your Idols?
Usagi Tsukino, Naoko Takeuchi, Hayao Miyazaki, Isao Takahata, Edgar Allan Poe, H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, Bram Stoker, Victoria Frances, Charlaine Harris, J.R.R. Tolkien, Bob Marley, Martin Luther King JR, Dan Dicks, Luke Rudkowski, Batman, anyone who steps outside the box, thinks for themselves, stands up for the less fortunate, and will go out of their way to help someone... and many, many more!!! Too many to list.
Who was your role model growing up?
Usagi Tsukino. She may be a cry baby at times and a little naive but she showed me the power of love and what it can do. She also showed me how important dreams are and that we all must strive to fulfill them even if they seem unrealistic. She saves the world many times because of her love for Mamo-chan, her friends and planet Earth. Her story is so powerful it brought me to tears many times.
What keeps you motivated?
My son. My will to survive. All the people who need me to be a voice for them... because they have lost their own.
What advice can you give for new artists or writers?
Write what you're passionate about. Write what you like to write about. Don't worry what other people will think. Don't worry about getting published or reaching an audience on a global level. Start off small. Share your writing with your friends and family then go from there. They'll always be your biggest fans even when you do reach a bigger audience. Never give up and always… always… DREAM ON!
Any shout outs you'd like to give?
Shout outs to all the people who believe in me... all the people who support me... all the people I inspire... all the people who inspire and influence me... all the people who I have shared moments with in this life (good and bad)... big shout out to my closest friends and family, I wouldn’t be here without all of you... and a BIG SHOUT OUT to my sister Briar Rose for always understanding me and listening to my weird tales, whether they were fiction or not. I love you more than words can describe.
(August / 29 / 2011)

Fantastic!!
ReplyDelete