Sunday, 2 October 2011

MODEL INTERVIEW WITH ~ MADAM ROSE


Tamara Rose aka Madam Rose      

Age: 29

Where You Reside: Calgary, Alberta



 

Photo Credits TFP


HS: Barbara Larson


MODEL Q's

How Long have you been doing this? I have been doing this off and on for about 3 years now!! But my dad is a professional photographer so I grew up in front and behind the lens!

What got you into the game? Lots of things got me back into the game! The biggest one was that I just got out of a brutal marriage and wanted to force myself to push my own boundaries, forcing myself to network and get to know new people has changed my life forever!

What are your favorite styles to model? I love anything alternative but I mostly book Pinup shoots. The 50s Pinup look is a life style for me. My entire condo is all vintage antiques and when I go out I love taking my time to pick out the perfect outfit, do my hair up in victory curls, spend time on my make up and go out and have a blast!

What is your favorite feature about yourself? I would have to say my first favorite feature is my eyes. I have grey green eyes that can pop in the right light! My next fave would have to be my girls! Hahah. I enjoy looking at them as much as everyone else does /smirk! And yes they are all real lol.


What are your goals as a model? Wow.. that is a hard one, my goals use to be just to have fun and maybe be published. But the networking that I have done through modeling has completely changed my life. I have quit my job working for the City and moved into Non-Profit, I have started up my own Fundraising Troupe called Pinups for a Cause, and I have started my own business making and selling couture vintage styled hats! I guess I could say my goals now is to do more outreach with young girls that are struggling in their own bodies. To prove to them that you do not have to be a size 2 to feel sexy and be seen as sexy! I love that the alternative modeling world lets me do this.  I love the emails I get from woman that tell me my photos inspire them to not be a victim of society anymore! LOVE THAT!

 Is there any publications you've accomplished while modeling? if so, links? I have yet to be paper published, but my photos are used on many photographers websites in their own portfolios! This to me is just as amazing that my peers like the work I put out enough to allow me to represent them.  I was also in a gallery show that was hosted by the amazing Sean Trostem of Prairie Ranger Photography for Project Red! That was a great project to work on with him and was very flattered that mine made the cut!




photo credits TFP :

 HS: Barbara Larson

Is there any work that you are exceptionally proud of?  I am proud of all of my work!  But there was this one shoot where the photographer wanted to do a set where I was basically killed in the woods! This was so different for me and really pushed me outside of what I was use too. I guess I am proud of that because it was so not my typical thing! Here is one of the photos from the shoot!

Photo Credits TFP
MUA / photo processing: myself

Do you have any tips, tricks, advice or wisdom you would be willing to share? The best wisdom that I can share with anyone that wants to get into this crazy world of ours.. is to network! To put yourself out there work on as many projects as you can, come up with cool ideas for shoots and book your own things with local talent! So many people are scared to ask someone to work with them, and waste away waiting for a photographer to contact them. All of us in this industry are all insanely busy and if you don’t make that first move.. you may get missed for no other reason than no one has time to sit on Model Mayhem or Model Republic and brows through the thousands of beautiful people!  The other tip I would have to say is keep your ego in check, understand that your time is valuable but so is everyone else’s.  Put pride into your work and try to always give photographers something fresh to work with even if it is just your wardrobe!,  Oh and as a model I feel that a part of the TFP agreement you should be promoting the amazing people that you work with so that MUA’s, HS, and Photographers can all be booked for paying gigs! Your friends weddings, grads, anything! ß that is so important and will earn you lots of respect in the industry =) 

JUST ABOUT YOU: 

What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I can’t remember when was the last time I have had free time! I love hanging out with my girlfriends and going to Rockabilly/ Punk shows! I love snuggling with that special someone and watching movies. I also love hanging out with my puppy she is the cutest little pug in the world!

What is a day in the life of  Madam Rose LikeLOL… if you really want to know haha…
I fly out of my bed with only 15 mins to get ready for work, I do my make up get dressed and stuff my purse with my breakfast and lunch, then I run to the bus! I work my butt off from  8:30am to 5:00pm for the most amazing organization the Boys and Girls Clubs! Then after work I rotate between a Board of Directors Meeting ( Pride Calgary ),  dinner with my friends, going home and trying to focus on my fundraising, planning photo shoots or just plain sleeping LOL!!  That is pretty much my life. =)
“ love to sleep!!!”

Photo Credits TFP
Photography : Erica Tait http://www.taitboudoir.com/


What type of music do you listen to? Haha I don’t know if I want to admit to what type of music I listen too!!! LoL!! Obviously there is the Rockabilly and all the oldies I love! I also LOVE Adele she in my mind is stunning in both voice, body and heart! But on my play list you will find the most crazy randomness that most people wont listen to it! You could be listening to Devour by Marilyn Manson… and then the next song could be La Luna by Sara Brightman… and then every once in a while you will get my most guilty pleasure that I wont even admit it here hahaha!!!  /wink!

What are the 5 things you can’t live without?

1)     My sister and her beautiful children, they are my little stars =) and my amazing set of Friends!
2)     My little Luci she is my baby!! Completely Spoiled!
3)     CUPCAKES!!! I am Obsessed!!!!
4)     Mascara!
5)     My Cell phone ( I would be totally lost!)
                     
My little Luci!!!


Do you have any unusual talents?
I can roll my tongue!! LOL.


Is there anything about yourself you would like to share with us?
 I have already written a novel! I Work Hard, Love Hard and Play Hard! =)  You will only get out of life what you put into it, and people will only treat you as good as you treat them!! ~ xox

 
Photo Credits TFP
Stylist, MUA, HS : Myself

LINKS:
This is where you can find my most complete portfolio on FB www.facebook.com./TamaraRose.model
But I have had to start working under an Alias for work reasons… so my new portfolio has been under creation here : www.facebook.com/MadamRose.model
My fave Hair Stylist is Barbara Larson! http://www.modelrepublic.net/person/BarbaraL


Tamara Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment