Photography Name: SnS-Photo (Jim Sorfleet)
Where You Reside: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

How Long have you been in the field?
I have been doing alternative photography for about 4 years now. Before that, I did portrature and before that I was a production manager for a large food manufacturer.

What got you started?
I was photographing a model for promotion of my recently started photography business and did a "Damsel in distress" set. The results were pretty cool. I began incorporating darker elements into my work and working with more alternative models. I found that I had a knack for this and the people I was lucky enough to work with were (and are) awesome folks. One thing led to another and my work evolved into what it is today.

What equipment do you use?
I use primarily a Nikon D2x camera along with a variety of lighting.

What is your favorite subject to capture?
I really enjoy working with alternative models and capturing the darker side of life. But really anything that would make the viewer react is fun for me. The absurd, the dark, the sexy imagery is definitely my favorite. My pricing for shoots is very reasonable and most of my images are available as high quality prints at very reasonable prices.

Do you have any tips, tricks, advice or wisdom you would be willing to share?
Primarily I would say that respect for those you work with is totally important in this business. In the type of work I do, collaboration and communication are key and trust is very important. I totally appreciate the wonderful people I work with and like to believe that they feel the same about me.

Is there anything about yourself you would like to share with us?
I try to keep my personal life separate from my art although sometimes that is a bit difficult. But, to sum "me" up, I am a husband, father, proud grandpa and an artist. I love what I do and consider myself lucky to be where I am right now.

LINKS:
http://www.sns-photo.com
http://www.facebook.com/snsphoto
http://modelmayhem.com/snsphoto

No comments:
Post a Comment